Thursday, December 1, 2016

Zachary James and the All Seeing Eyes - Don't Let Them Get Me: Halloween goes power pop!

Is it DIY enough for ya? - Chains B/W Don't Let Them Get Me by Zachary James and The All Seeing Eyes

Here's one of America's most promising young artists, although I'm not sure this particular project is still going on: Zachary James looks like he could've been one of the Ramones in their prime, and he sure does sound like one, but on top of that, throw in some of that jangly pop Costello-ish melodies and you get FUN. That's right, it's freaking FUN to listen to, damn it. 

Now, I have a soft spot for Halloween themed stuff, so this to me feels like home. This song features your aforementioned jangle, great vocal melodies, superb backing vocals by Alexandra Starlight, competent guitar playing and an exciting rhythm section. Did I mention FUN? I guess I did, but don't take my word for it, check out this power pop masterpiece right here, right now on the embedded track below.

Shoot us a comment! Or maybe recommend some music? I don't know, do as you please. Stay tuned for more "What's that shadow?" action!


No comments:

Post a Comment