Saturday, November 26, 2016

Mild High Club - Tesselation: Noir music for noir souls

Artwork for Skiptracing by Mild High Club - Taken from Bandcamp

Noir, noir, noir, noir. I don't know about you people, but I've always found the aesthetics surrounding Film-noir to be extremely appealing. If you're in this way like me, then you're in for a marvelous treat. This is Film-noir made music, and what's best, it's not like anything you've actually heard in that kind of movies. 

The groove, the smoothness, the velvety feel and the interesting harmonic background make this song a real standout in today's over-saturated music offer, because it still retains that pop sensitivity that is both alluring and enchanting. If you're into the kind of open, artsy songwriting that pullulated in the 60's and 70's, this is the right direction for you. As I've stated before, I hate to encompass music relating it to stuff that has been done before and the ones who've done it, and the beauty of this particular song is that I can't even do that, not even if I wanted to. It sounds fresh and original, even if it aches to decades left behind. 

I normally go for short songs, I like concise music I guess, but with this pill, I just have to go back to it and listen a million more times, because I can't seem to grasp everything the way I would like to. Yeah, it's that special. 

Follow Mild High Club on Facebook. Check this remarkable pill out, as usual, using the embedded track below. Thank me later!



No comments:

Post a Comment