Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The London Souls - When I'm With You

Photo taken from the band's Facebook

Chuck-full of soul in The London Souls! Okay, I'm sorry, that's terrible, but this New York City based duo does have that soulful Rock and Roll formula down. Just put together some fine guitar playing, punchy drums, a pretty convincing pop sensitivity, passionate singing and last but not least, some Beatle-esque vocal harmonies, and you’ve got yourself a magnanimous single in the way singles –in this writer’s very humble opinion– should be made: organic (ugh, I know it’s an overused word, but bear with me), well thought out and earwormy (Ok, I know I just made that up, but you’ll see what I mean once you hear it). 

Here in A Couple Pills a Day, we are softies, and we have a thing for melodies, so if you’re into that aspect of songwriting, this is a very fitting song to draw inspiration from, and believe it or not, it was released in 2014 as a single.

Check out their website
here, and also, they’ve got the official video for this song up on YouTube. I love the Internet!







No comments:

Post a Comment