Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Growlers – Derka Blues

The Growlers' Hung At Heart - Taken from their Bandcamp. 

Now, I’ve never been to California, but this to me might be the best description of it, even though it doesn’t really describe anything. There’s just something about that twang, the walls of reverb and the carelessly careful lyrics that convey a beachy feeling, nostalgia for a place you’ve never been to, and a situation you might have never experienced. What I like about it the most, is how casual and daily the lyrics sound. Don’t tell me you’ve never felt like a creeper for watching your loved one for too long, I know I have. 

This is a band I hold close to my heart, I love the beach, and having never lived close it, I need something that reminds of its existence, of something greater and unknown but yet so unnervingly simple and at the same time deep and complex. At the end of the day, it’s just water; at the end of the day, it’s just the Blues. 



No comments:

Post a Comment