Thursday, November 24, 2016

Boogarins – Doce

Boogarins' Doce Artwork - Taken from Bandcamp
Hypnotizing bass lines have always been my thing. If a song doesn’t have a memorable bass line, then the bass should cut enough through the mix for me to be aware of it without using exceedingly fancy audio devices (For me, this kind of songs are best appreciated when walking down the street). 

Today’s second pill doesn’t have that kind of hum-able bass line, but what it does have is a neatly put together mix, where the bass is loud enough to captivate and entrance you.

Boogarins is a South American band, from Goiânia, Brazil. What’s best, they sing in Portuguese, which I didn’t really care for before finding them. As it turns out, it’s a pretty effective language to sing psychedelic music in, and I found myself mumbling similar sounds (I don’t know a thing about Portuguese beyond cuss words) and thumping my feet along to the aforementioned soothing, narcotizing bass line. Something that I found quite curious, was the constitution of the climax, that is, at its peak, the songs goes into panning pandemonium, with various synth sounds that make your eyes roll round and round, in a good way.

Puff, I don’t even know where I am right now. But I do know where Boogarins’Facebook site is. Listen to the song on the embedded player below and shoot us a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment