Saturday, November 26, 2016

Warm Soda - Waiting For Your Call: Sticky Bubble-gum Glam Punk for romantics

The song is off of Warm Soda's Someone For You - Taken from Bandcamp

Joyous things to behold abound in the mighty endless lands of the fairy tale kingdom that is the Internet. These guys I discovered a few years back while I was dangerously hooked on American power pop, with emphasis in power. 

Today's first pill offers a great deal of duality, combining the harder edge of chugging power chord riffs with genius melodies (for both vocals and guitars); frantic, fairly compressed drumming with mellow singing and the cherry on top: pinkish lyrics over a chord progression that would make Buddy Holly's crickets run for cover. If you've been following our previous posts, you should know by know that catchyness dictates what we share here for the most part. 

A couple days ago, one of my closest friends and I came to this somewhat obvious conclusion: While certainly all great songs have to be catchy, not all catchy songs are great. Well, this is a great song, and I don't think catchy quite describes what this song will do to your brain. Seriously, fucking stop. This has got to be one of history's go-to songs when it comes to holy shit get it out of my head. 

Anyway, you've been warned, click the embedded track below at your own risk. I know I would, I know you would too, oh-oh, oh-ooohhhh. Don't try to fake it.



No comments:

Post a Comment